By now I’m sure you’ve heard of Matcha and how many people have been making it their go to drink. I am definitely one of them and for many reasons including the fact that I’ve been drinking coffee regularly since I was a freshman in high school. Yes, high school! Of course back then my coffee order was always light and sweet. I’m still a big coffee drinker but now I take it unsweetened and alternate with drinking Matcha instead some days. Matcha helps me still get a boost of energy without the jitters. It’s also loaded with health benefits that I don’t get from coffee.
To name a few, Matcha is packed with antioxidants, rich in fiber and also calms the mind and relaxes the body. One cup of Matcha is said to have as many antioxidants as ten cups of green tea. This is why I like to incorporate Matcha wherever I can, including these super easy overnight oats. This is a quick breakfast to put together the night before and makes it even easier to grab and go in the morning. When I was younger I would skip breakfast more than any other meal, I believe most people do this as they’re rushing to get out the door. I used to grab a cup of coffee and call it breakfast. That doesn’t really work for me anymore. I get hangry!
Try this out and let me know what you think!
Matcha Coconut Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 3/4 cup of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoons of cashew butter
- 1 teaspoon of matcha
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a mason jar or container and shake well until combined.
- Place in refrigerator overnight or at least 4 hours.
- Add any toppings you want — I added strawberries, coconut flakes and extra chia seeds.
- If you prefer your oats unsweetened skip the maple syrup.
- Depending on how creamy your cashew butter is you might need to stir it with a spoon after shaking it.