I’ve always been a sucker for sweet potatoes. So when I came across the method of popping them into a toaster to make sweet potato toast, I was intrigued. Intrigued and a little bummed actually since only a few week prior, my beloved toaster oven had caught on fire. So I decided to make them in my oven which does take a little longer but still gets it done. I love that I can make a batch of these and keep them in the fridge for a quick breakfast or snack. If you have a toaster then you should definitely give that method a try. Once cut into about 1/4 inch slices, you pop them in the toaster for 2-3 cycles until you see brown marks and they are cooked through. Ta-dahhh you are done! Kelsey over at, Little Bits Of has a great tutorial!
Here is how you can make them and some of my favorite toppings. But the topping possibilities are endless!
Baked Sweet Potato Toast: 3 ways
- 1 large sweet potatoes (or yams, whichever is thicker and preferably on sale!)
- Preheat oven to 450F
- Thoroughly wash sweet potatoes and dry
- On a cutting board slice off the ends on each side
- Place sweet potato vertically and slice 1/4 inch pieces using a sharp knife
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes flipping them over half way through
- Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Topping shown above:
- Mashed avocado
- Yogurt topped with sliced strawberries and hemp hearts
- Creamy peanut butter topped with sliced bananas and cinnamon