It’s here! My Almond Butter Banana Bread! I am really excited for this recipe. Not only because I made it on a total whim but because it’s also so delicious! Now, I’ve said it before, I don’t consider myself much of a baker, but when I had a bunch of bananas that were ready to go bad, plus already a stash of frozen bananas in the freezer, I decided to get creative!
This Almond Butter Banana Bread hits the spot for so many reasons but my favorite is that it’s refined sugar free and also dairy free! So eating the entire loaf in one day is totally not frowned upon. In fact, it’s encouraged! This Banana Bread will keep fresh for a few days in an airtight container or wrapped in foil for several days. Trust me though, it might not last that long! Bonus, it can be put together in 10 minutes and then all you have to do is wait the 45 minutes for it to bake in the oven.
So here’s what you need:
Almond Butter Banana Bread
- 3 ripe bananas (brown spots galore!)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of oat flour
- 1/4 cup of almond butter
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup or agave
- 1 teaspoon of almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large bowl mash up your 3 bananas and add all wet ingredients – maple syrup, almond butter, almond milk, almond extract and eggs.
- Next, add your dry ingredients – oat flour, baking powder, sea salt and give it a good stir!
- Line your loaf tin with parchment paper and add your mixture.
- If you’re feeling fancy, like I was. Take an extra banana, slice it down the middle and add it on top!
- Bake for 45 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- You can sub the almond extract for vanilla extract if you have that on hand!
- For oat flour you can simply place rolled oats in a blender and blend until smooth. BOOM, you have oat flour!